Cirencester Housing has now transferred all of its homes to Cottsway. If you live in one of their properties you should have received a pack with more information. Read about the transfer

Google Translate




Text size





Cottsway's logo Home

Home > My home > My agreement > Tenancy information > Right to buy

Right to buy

Most housing association tenants do not have the Right to Buy. But if you were a secure council tenant and were living in your home when it was transferred from your council to Cottsway, then you may have a ‘Preserved’ Right to Buy.

This only applies if you were living in your home when it was transferred. It can also apply if you then move to another property owned by us. But it does not apply if you move to a property owned by a different landlord.

If you have the Preserved Right to Buy, then you can buy your home under the scheme in the same way as if you were still a council tenant.

For more information, visit the Government’s Own your home website 

This includes:

  • your eligibility and right to buy
  • discounts
  • affordability
  • getting a mortgage
  • leasehold properties
  • other opportunities for homeownership

If you don’t qualify to buy your home under Right to Buy, you may still be eligible for Right to Acquire.

Chat with us