Would you like to:
- Be part of a team of Cottsway customers who monitor performance, identify improvements and bring about change?
- Make new friends and develop your skills and experience across a wide range of areas?
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, the Scrutiny Group is looking for up to four new members to join them and would love to hear from you!
What would I be doing?
You’ll be part of a small group who scrutinise and oversee our work on behalf of Cottsway customers, helping to ensure we are open and accountable. You’ll work closely with other Cottsway customers, our staff and Board to review services and performance to help identify areas for improvement.
What is expected of me?
You’ll need to have a positive attitude, energy, enthusiasm and you’ll need to commit to an average of 6.5 hours per month (80 hours per year). You’ll take part in meetings:
- Every two weeks, with more as needed - currently online, with a laptop provided to support you.
- Times are flexible and are decided upon by the group.
You’ll work as part of a team and be involved in a range of tasks, including research. Training and support will be provided to help you, including with working online if needed.
What's in it for me?
This is a great opportunity to sharpen up existing skills and learn some new ones, make new friends and help Cottsway improve services. You'll receive:
- An allowance of £1,000 per year, paid monthly (this does not usually affect benefit entitlement, but it is your responsibility to check, if applicable);
- Access to training to help build your skills, knowledge and confidence; and
- A laptop for use while you are member of the Group.
No additional allowance is made for broadband costs, but reasonable carers’ costs and travel expenses are met where applicable.
I'm interested, what do I do next?
You’ll need to complete an application form and there’ll be an interview with the chair of the Group and a member of Cottsway’s staff. Applications close on 15 March at 12 noon.
Find out more and apply:
You might like to find out further information about the Scrutiny Group's work over the past year before you apply:
If you have any further queries, please get in touch: