If you smell gas or have a gas leak:
- Turn off all gas appliances in use
- Turn off the gas - at the meter box only by using the emergency control valve
- Open all windows and doors so that fumes can escape
- Leave your home and call Transco free on 0800 111 999 – it’s essential that you use a phone outside of your home because using one inside, even a mobile, could spark an explosion
- Use any naked flames such as matches or cigarettes
- Turn on or use any electrical switches this includes doorbells and boiler switches
To help prevent gas leaks, you must:
- Keep air vents clear so they don’t become blocked
- Give us access to your home to carry out the annual gas safety check
- Report any gas appliance repairs to us
Carbon monoxide detectors
For your safety, we install carbon monoxide detectors in all our properties with appliances powered by gas, oil, coal or wood.
We check the detector as part of our annual service. However, you should test the battery each week.
If your detector starts beeping intermittently then you may need to have it serviced. Contact us
If it beeps constantly, you may have a gas leak.
Home emergency advice
- Please be aware that severe weather may affect our repairs service
- Check our website or social media channels for updates