The first 12 months
The housebuilder is responsible for faults due to materials, construction or workmanship for 12 months from the date your home was completed. Towards the end of this time, we will inspect your home to identify any outstanding work that needs to be carried out. This may be carried out virtually by email with photo evidence, or in person on request. Please tell us about defects as soon possible:
After the first year
Responsibility for repairs after the first year depends on whether you rent or own your home, and what type of building it is:
We look after the structure and exterior of rented homes. Tenants are responsible for minor indoor repairs.
You are also responsible for:
- Repairs to your own fixtures and fittings, or damage caused by them.
- Security alarms and other equipment.
- Plugs on electrical equipment.
- Curtain rails and fittings.
- Lost or broken keys.
Shared owners and leaseholders
- House owners are responsible for all repairs.
- Flat owners are responsible for everything inside the home, plus any land mentioned in the lease. We are responsible for maintaining shared and communal areas in blocks of flats.
- Responsibility for repairs to maisonettes depends on the design and layout of the building – check your lease for details.