If you want a simple aid or adaptation to your property such as handrails, grab rails and lever taps, please contact us
Major adaptation work
For all other work an occupational therapist referral is required. Please contact your local council using the links at the bottom of the page.
Major work includes:
- Installing level-access showers
- Wheelchair-accessible kitchens
- Large ramps
This type of work is means-tested and you may be able to get help to pay for some or all of the costs involved through a Disabled Facilities Grant. This will depend on your financial situation and the work needed.
Every request is prioritised on health and mobility needs and you can expect the following to happen:
- An occupational therapist will meet with you and will let us know what work they think you need completing.
- We will check that your home is suitable for an adaption.
- Sometimes we might jointly decide that a move to another property with existing adaptations might be better for you.
- If we do not agree that the requested work is suitable, we will let you and the occupational therapist know.