Someone being given keys to a property

Right to buy

Most housing association tenants do not have the Right to Buy. But if you were a secure council tenant and were living in your home when it was transferred from your council to Cottsway, then you may have a ‘Preserved’ Right to Buy.

This only applies if you were living in your home when it was transferred. It can also apply if you then move to another property owned by us. But it does not apply if you move to a property owned by a different landlord.

If you have the Preserved Right to Buy, then you can buy your home under the scheme in the same way as if you were still a council tenant.

For more information, visit the Government’s Right to Buy website 

This includes:

  • your eligibility and right to buy
  • discounts
  • affordability
  • getting a mortgage
  • leasehold properties
  • other opportunities for homeownership

If you don’t qualify to buy your home under Right to Buy, you may still be eligible for Right to Acquire.

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size
ReadSpeaker ReadSpeaker
click to activate