Pregnant lady sat at computer giving notice on her tenancy

Ending a tenancy

Your tenancy agreement requires you to give us four weeks’ notice in writing. Your notice period starts on the Monday after we receive your written notice.

Once we have received your written notice we will send you a termination letter which gives further information about:

  • Your tenancy end date
  • Your current rent balance and weekly rent.

Your responsibilities

When leaving your property it needs to be clean and tidy and empty of all belongings - this includes any associated garden or garage. You will need to take down any fixtures and fittings that you have installed and make good any disturbed surfaces and repair anything damaged during your tenancy.

  • Returning your keys
    Toggle accordion item

    All your keys should be clearly labelled with the correct address and handed in by midday on the Monday immediately after your tenancy end date (or by midday on Tuesday following bank holiday).

    West Oxfordshire residents:

    • Cottsway House, Heynes Place, Avenue Two, Witney, OX28 4YG

    Swindon, Gloucestershire or Wychavon residents:

    • A1 Maintenance (Stroud) Ltd, Unit 21, Oldends Industrial Estate, Stonedale Road, Glos GL10 3RQ

    You will be charged a further week's rent if your keys are not returned by midday. You can hand your keys in earlier if you wish but rent will be payable until the end of your notice period.

  • If your move is delayed
    Toggle accordion item

    You will be able to extend your notice if your move is delayed but you must contact us to agree this change. You will be responsible for paying further rent, due at a weekly rate, until your tenancy ends.

    If you wish to withdraw your notice, please less us  know immediately so we can discuss this.

  • If you want to move but owe money
    Toggle accordion item

    If you owe money through rent arrears, court costs or recharged repairs, it is important that these are paid before you leave.

    If this is difficult, please speak to us. We may be able to help by making an agreement with you to repay these debts.

    If you owe Cottsway money, this may affect your opportunity to move to another one of our properties. If you do not make an agreement with us or clear your debts, we will continue to pursue these debts through the county court.

    A county court Judgement will affect your ability to obtain credit, hire purchase or even goods from a mail order catalogue.

For more information on what to do if a Cottsway customer has died, please see:

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size
ReadSpeaker ReadSpeaker
click to activate