Coronavirus – concerns about your rent us
If you are struggling to pay your rent or service charges, please let us know – we are here to help.
For more details see our Coronavirus webpage
You need to pay:
- weekly if you live in a rented home
- monthly if you are a shared owner
You will have been informed all about your rent and making payments when you moved in.
You will receive an annual rent statement each year. Your payments may be reviewed throughout the year. We will always notify you of any changes in advance.
It is important that you pay your rent on time. It doesn't take long to fall into arrears, but it can take a long time to get straight again. For more information see Help with arrears
Some of our homes have shared spaces, hallways, grounds and parking. We clean and maintain these areas and the cost is shared between all residents as a service charge. We will tell you before you move in if you have a service charge linked to your home:
- Tenants - service charges are billed weekly alongside your rent.
- Shared owners - service charges are billed monthly alongside your rent. You are responsible for paying the full amount of service charges applicable to your home, no matter what your property share.
- Leaseholders - service charges are billed annually. You are responsible for paying your share of any service charges for your property.
Service charge details can be found in your tenancy or lease agreement.
How your service charge is calculated
We operate a variable service charge which means you will only pay for the services you receive. This reflects the actual cost of the services provided and may increase or decrease from year-to-year.
- We will send you an annual estimate at the end of March each year.
- At the end of the following financial year, we will check the actual costs of running the services against the estimate sent to you.
- We will then send you a closing statement following an independent audit to tell you if we owe you money, or if you owe us.
How to pay
allpay Internet Payments is a secure online payment facility to accept, authorise and process payments.
You can check you are in a secure website by looking at the address bar at the top of the screen. When you see a padlock symbol this means the website is secure.
Please remember to ensure you have a 'strong' password - one that is not easy to guess.
You can pay with your debit or credit card over the phone.
Our phonelines are open Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5.30pm and Friday 8.30am - 5pm.
If requested, we will give you a reference number as proof of payment once you have paid.
Alternatively, you can pay by allpay's 24-hour automated number:
If the amount you pay needs to increase or decrease and you pay by:
- Direct debit: you do not need to do anything. Allpay will send a letter confirming your new amount and your payments will change automatically.
- Pay by another method: you will need to amend your payments accordingly.