Money advice and help
If you are on a low income you may qualify for Housing Benefit to help cover your rent. This is paid through your local authority. Please contact them for help.
West Oxfordshire District Council
Illness, disability, family breakdown or the loss of a job can happen to any of us.
The Foodbank network provides the best possible emergency food to people locked in poverty. There are over 1,200 food bank centres across the UK and the services provided may vary from area to area.
Please note, anyone who uses the scheme needs to have a valid Foodbank voucher. Our Communities Team can make referrals to Trussell Trust foodbanks, simply contact us
For more information see: www.trusselltrust.org/get-help
We work in partnership with Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire and all Cottsway customers, regardless of where you live, can contact this branch for help and advice.
Citizens Advice offers free, independent and confidential advice on:
- Managing debt
- Managing your money and budgeting
- Welfare benefits and whether you qualify
- Applying for benefits
- Completing benefit applications
- Challenging a decision on benefits
- Understanding changes to benefits and how they affect you
- Dealing with change caused my moving in and out of work
- Increasing your working hours